- Originally from Roanoke, VA.
- Tommy has 7 #1 Songs including “She’s My Kind Of Rain” Tim McGraw, “Wrong Again” Martina McBride, “What I Really Meant To Say” Cyndi Thompson, “If You See Him/If You See Her” Reba/Brooks and Dunn, “A Man This Lonely” Brooks And Dunn, “And Still” Reba, and most recently “My Eyes” Blake Shelton feat. Gwen Sebastian
- Other Top Ten radio singles: “Bleed Red” Ronnie Dunn, “Life Ain’t Always Beautiful” Gary Allan, “Let’s Be Us Again” Lonestar, among others.
- #1 in the UK with Pixie Lott for “All About Tonight”
- Has had songs performed by Taylor Swift, two songs on the 6x platinum album Take Me Home by One Direction, Celine Dion, The Pussycat Dolls, Rascal Flatts, Delta Goodrem, Rascal Flatts, Gary Allan, 98 Degrees, Lonestar, among many others
- Alana Springsteen is a 17-year-old singer-songwriter from Virginia Beach, VA. From an early age she knew that she loved music, dating back to age 5 when she told her father she wanted to sing alone at church. A short nine years later, her parents continue to support her musical dreams by moving to Nashville, TN upon her signing with Still Working Music, a publishing company run by Roy Orbison’s son, Alex Orbison.
- Alana’s accomplishments include being the youngest writer ever to do a round at the Bluebird Café, as well as to be included in NSAI’s annual Tin Pan South event. At age 9, she sang the National Anthem at Wrigley Field in front of 42,000 Cubs fans, and among those fans was Neal Spielberg, her future manager.
- Alana has had the opportunity to perform with Sugarland, singing “Baby Girl” with the popular duo when she was a guest singer at their tour stop in Virginia Beach. She has also performed at the Rock and Roll Marathon, Fallen Soldiers Fund Benefit, Children of Fallen Patriots annual fundraiser, US Open 9 Ball Championships in Virginia Beach, and recently opened up for Joe Nichols when he performed in her hometown.
- Alana is a talented singer, writer, and musician (guitar and piano), who wants to use her songs to make a positive impact on peoples’ lives by writing and singing about what is true to her.
Still Working Music is a publishing company founded in 1990 by Barbara Orbison- music executive and wife of the legendary singer-songwriter, Roy Orbison. Today, Alex Orbison (Roy and Barbara’s youngest son), continues to run the family business. Major artists including Tim McGraw, Conway Twitty, Alan Jackson, One Direction, Celine Dion, Joe Walsh, Faith Hill, Rod Stewart, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, Gary Allan and many more have all cut songs from Still Working Music’s fantastic catalog and the list continues to grow!
Notable chart-topping hits include Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me” and “Untouchable,” George Strait’s “River Of Love,” Reba McEntire and Brooks & Dunn’s “If You See Him/If You See Her,” Tim McGraw’s “She’s My Kind Of Rain,” Martina McBride’s “Wrong Again,” Diamond Rio’s “Beautiful Mess,” Darius Rucker’s “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It,” and Brooks & Dunn’s “Play Something Country.”
Still Working Music writers have seen international success with smash hits around the globe such as UK artist Pixie Lott’s “All About Tonight,” Australian pop singer/actress Delta Goodrem’s “In This Life,” two cuts on the 7x platinum One Direction album Take Me Home, and a #1 hit in 17 countries with the Lost Frequencies’ remix of “Are You With Me.”
Still Working Music is based in Nashville, TN and is proud to have BMG Chrysalis as a publishing partner.
- Blake Shelton featuring Gwen Sebastian “My Eyes” (#1)—Tommy Lee James
- Blake Shelton “Good Country Song” (album cut on Bringing Back The Sunshine)—Tommy Lee James
- Swon Brothers “Pray For You”—Tommy Lee James (current single), “This Side Of Heaven”—Ryan Lafferty, “Breaking”—Derrick Southerland
- John & Jacob “Be My Girl”, “Ride With Me”, “Breaking The Law”—Derrick Southerland
- Will Hoge “Middle Of America”—Tommy Lee James (single)
- Tim Hicks “She Don’t Drink Whiskey Anymore” (single)
- Chase Bryant “Take It On Back” (TLJ/Chase, single), “Change Your Name” (TLJ/Chase), “A Little Bit Of You” (Chase), “Wayfarer Weather” (Chase), “Jet Black Pontiac” (Chase)
- Celine Dion “Didn’t Know Love”—Tommy Lee James
- Lost Frequencies “Are You With Me” #1 in 17 countries by Tommy Lee James/Terry McBride/Shane McAnally
- Miranda Lambert “Tin Man” (single) — Jon Randall